By visiting or registering at this web site, you accept the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
Waiver and Release
In consideration of being allowed to participate as a student, instructor, counselor, assistant, coach or volunteer (herein called “Participant”) in a Larry Gazdig Power Plus Skating Inc (“GPPS”) Program, commonly known as the Gazdig Power Plus Skating, or Gazdig Power Skating the undersigned understands, acknowledges and agrees that:
- The sports of ice skating, ice hockey, in-line skating, and associated dry land training activities and instructing/coaching these activities have inherent physical risks. The exercises, moves and techniques practiced, taught and/or demonstrated by Participants in Gazdig Power Skating Programs carry such risks, including (without limitation) the risk of bodily injury, paralysis or death due to falling on the ice, colliding with players or other instructors, and/or bumping into any player’s/instructor’s equipment, skates or sticks. Using proper equipment, following the rules and exercising discipline may reduce the risks.
- I understand the inherent risks, and voluntarily assume the risks, whether known or unknown. I fully and unconditionally assume responsibility for my child’s (my) participation. I willingly agree that my child (I) will comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. I however recognize that doing so will not eliminate all risk from the activities. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence I will remove my child (myself) from participation, and will immediately bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official.
- Participant fully and unconditionally releases Gazdig Power Plus Skating Skating Inc, their owners, officers, directors, managers, employees, and agents, and Nina Gazdig individually, from any and all loss damage, responsibility, obligation or liability (with the exception of any workers’ compensation coverage mandated by applicable state or provincial law if Participant is an instructor, counselor or assistant) arising out of any illness or injury I may incur during my time as Participant in a Gazdig Power Skating Program.
- Participant is responsible for any and all medical costs for any injuries arising from or around GPPS activities.
- Participant has no known medical condition that restricts or prohibits participation in ice hockey, ice skating, in-line-skating or any related activity. Nor does participant have any known medical condition which puts him or her at greater risk of injury or death resulting from any risks associated with participating in the clinic, whether such risks are known or unknown to parent or participant. GPPS recommends a medical examination before participation.
- Participant shall act in a mature and responsible manner. Any behavior that GPPS deems to endanger the safety of other persons or property, or jeopardize GPPS ability to lease ice or otherwise conduct its business, will result in the student’s immediate expulsion. Participant may be expelled from a GPPS program for any of the following reasons: a) financial delinquency; b) failure to abide by all GPPS and ice rink rules and directives; c) falsification of registration information.
- GPPS may use, without compensation to the undersigned or participant, any photo, audio and/or video recording of any GPPS activity in which the participant appears, for promotional, advertising or educational purposes.
- I understand that neither GPPS nor the ice facility are responsible for any loss or damage to my personal items at the facility.
- The undersigned acknowledges that GPPS owners, managers, agents and representatives have made no representations, warranties, inducements or promises which are not contained herein and that this signed form represents the entire Agreement between the undersigned and GPPS.
- In the case of a medical emergency I give permission for GPPS, its officers, officials, employees, instructors, and agents to seek medical attention for myself (if over 18), or for my child, if I, the parent or legal guardian, am absent.
I have read this Agreement and Waiver/Release, fully understand its terms, and agree voluntarily and without inducement.
- I/We acknowledge that the World Health Organization has classified the Coronavirus Disease (“COVID-19”) outbreak as a global pandemic and am/are aware of the risks of COVID-19. I/We specifically acknowledge and agree that I am/we are aware of the risks to personal health, including by the failure to follow physical distancing protocols, flowing from COVID-19, and that I am/we are assuming, on my own behalf and, if signing on behalf of a participant under 18 years, on their behalf, all health risks and adverse health related consequences caused by or arising from engaging in any Activities (the “Assumed Risks”).
- I/We acknowledge that the Organizers are implementing the Skate Ontario Return to Play Protocols (“Protocols”) the most recent version of which will be posted from time to time on Skate Ontario’s website. I/We specifically acknowledge and agree that I am/we are aware of Protocols, that I/we will abide by the Protocols, and that the Protocols are subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws, regulations, by-laws and orders as they may exist from time to time.
- I/we hereby release the Organizers, their members, officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, and volunteers (“Releasees”) from all liability, recourse, proceedings, claims, and causes of action of any kind whatsoever, in respect of all damages, personal injuries, death, or property losses which I/we may suffer arising out of or connected with the Assumed Risks, the content or implementation of the Protocols (including without limitation the conduct of any screening of any individual), and the preparation for, or participation in, the Activities, notwithstanding that any such losses were caused solely or partly by the negligence of any of the Releasees.
- I/we do hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all damages or losses of any kind as a result of any and all claims, demands, causes of action of any kind whatsoever including those involving negligence on the part of any of the Releasees that may be made or initiated by, or on behalf of my/our child, arising out of or connected with the Assumed Risks as they relate to me/us and/or my/our child, the content or implementation of the Protocols as they relate to me/us and/or my/our child, and my/our child’s preparation for and/or participation in any of the Activities.
Version 2 – July 17, 2020
- And, I/we hereby acknowledge and agree:
(a) that I/we understand that none of the Releasees assumes any responsibility whatsoever for my safety or the safety of my/our child during the course of any preparation for or participation in the aforesaid Activities;
(b) that I/we will comply with the implementation of the Protocols and that any failure on my/our part (or on the part of my/our child) to comply with the Protocols and their implementation may have consequences (including without limitation a withdrawal of permission for me or my/our child to participate in an Activity or Activities) and could jeopardize relevant insurance coverage;
(c) that I/we understand that the implementation of the Protocols may involve the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about me or my/our child and I consent to same; (d) that I/we have carefully read this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE, INDEMNITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK that I/we fully understand same, and that I am/we are freely and voluntarily executing same;
(e) that I have been given the opportunity and that I am encouraged to seek independent legal advice prior to signing this document;
(f) that I understand that the Organizers would not permit me or my/our child to participate in any Activities unless I signed this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE, INDEMNITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK, which applies to all Activities whether occurring in the near or distant future and that the terms of this document need not be brought to my attention each time I participate in a Program in order for it to be effective;
(g) that the term Activities as used herein includes, without limiting the generality of that term, training sessions, clinics, and events that are in any way authorized, sanctioned, organized or operated by any of the Organizers on its own or together with another, or to which Skate Ontario has issued a permit;
(h) that this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, RELEASE, INDEMNITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK agreement is binding on myself, my heirs, my executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns.
Consent to Photograph/Video
Photo/Video Release Authorization
I, the undersigned, give permission to the Gazdig Power Plus Skating School, and/or parties designated by the Gazdig Power Plus Skating School to photograph/video me and/or my child(ren) and use such photograph(s)/video(s) in all forms of media, for any and all promotional purposes including advertising, display, audiovisual, exhibition or editorial use.
I further consent to the use of my and/or my child(ren)s name in connection with the photograph(s)/video(s) if needed by the Gazdig Power Plus Skating School and/or parties designated by the Gazdig Power Plus Skating School.
I understand and agree that I will not receive any payment for my time or expenses or any royalty for the publication of the photograph(s)/video(s) or the use of any names and I hereby release the Gazdig Power Plus Skating School and/or any parties designated by the Gazdig Power Plus Skating School from any such claims.
I certify that I have read and fully understand this consent and release, and that all questions pertaining to this consent have been answered to my satisfaction.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of this site’s owner or its content suppliers and protected by Canada and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of this site’s owner and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of this site’s owner or its software suppliers and protected by Canada and international copyright laws.